We returned to Santiago for 24 hours before leaving for home tonight. After a good night's sleep, today we toasted the end of our South American journey with a visit to Paseo del Vino, a charming family-owned winery whose owner established it on a single acre of grapes, as a passion project. He makes just 3,000 bottles a year (both red and white) and loves introducing visitors to Chilean wine culture. We learned about winemaking and tasted some of his vintages, followed by a traditional meal. This evening, we will transfer to the airport for your flight home to the U.S.
- 24 fabulous travel companions,
- 3 beautiful countries (Brazil, Argentina and Chile) plus Easter Island (part of Chile),
- Every possible combination of weather - hot/humid, temperate, cold/rainy, challenged our packing skills,
- Incredible wines - sparkling white of Brazil, Malbec of Argentina and Carmenere of Chile, and
- Danna, the best trip leader ever!
Adios until our next adventure. We're traveling The Great Rivers of Europe September 11-26. Join us! There are still rooms available on the ship.
Looking for something a bit more adventuresome like the trip we just finished? Join us for The Best of Kenya and Tanzania a year from now.
Click on the links in the paragraphs above for more information.